CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Take it easy Tuesday

I stayed up way too late last night: eating yummy Epicure goodies and trying on gorgeous Silpada jewelery. I got my order today that I bought a few weeks ago and I love everything but the ring. It just doesn't look right. *le sigh* So I guess it'll go back and I'll just have to pick one of the many other sparkly things I circled in the catalogue!

I thought I'd answer some questions and comment on some comments:

1. The birth mother has 10 days to change her mind about the adoption. Total roller coaster for adoptive parents and reason why L & G kept baby under wraps till they knew she was staying with them forever.

2. Roasted chick peas are semi-crunchy. I think I could've baked them longer but I was afraid they would burn. Next time I'll leave them in a little longer.

3. Prince of Whales hotel in Waterton is NOT creepy! It's gorgeous and that is where I want to get married. I figure it's the closest thing to Scotland I can get in Alberta and every time I think about it, I can actually hear the piper piping.

4. Boys should not be allowed to plan kitchens or bathrooms! In my opinion they do not spend enough time in either room to make changes that will affect (a) my morning ritual and (b) storage capabilities in my kitchen. Although I love soaking in my tub, it really does suck as a shower. Apparently you can't have your cake and eat it too.

OK, I think that's it. For now anyways. Didn't go for a run, but I did walk downtown for lunch and then home again. Dinner tonight is African Stew. Mmmmm....

2 comments:

Shirls said...

someone said the Prince of Wales is creepy? odd.. I think its stunning, sitting on the top of the hill over looking the park, amazing spot.

I haven't stayed overnight or anything but I did hear that you HEAR a lot overnight there.. not ghosts but the walls are thin..

I think as a wedding setting beautiful, as a wedding night, maybe it would be entertaining for your neighbours too, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, ya' know what I mean? LOL

thanks for answering the chickpea question!

Amber said...

Yay for your friends getting their baby, that is so cool!

Adoptions can be rough, my aunt tried to do that a few years ago and it didn't work out. She was heartbroken after :(