CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 7, 2011

2011--The Year of Awesomeness

This post was totally inspired by my yoga class this morning with Brian and last week's series with Judy. Today we spent an hour and a half celebrating our awesomeness (and focusing on our foundations and level one syllabus poses (except powerful pose, that's the only level two pose we did). It was an AMAZING class!!

Resolutions imply that we're not good enough (or thin enough or fast enough or whatever). This year, I'm focusing on the fact that I. AM. AWESOME. JUST. THE. WAY. I. AM.

Last week in Judy's week long series, we talked about making changes (you know, "be the change you want to see in the world" ~Gandhi). First, there was gratitude for what we already have in our lives. Then we set the foundations for change so that we could navigate the twists and turns life throws at us. We got perspective (things look different when you're upside down!). We reinforced our own personal strength. Then there was faith, hope and all that jazz. We ended the week with a celebration of us.

So why not carry this theme through the rest of the year? After Brian's class this morning, I knew I wouldn't be making any resolutions.

How am I going to celebrate my awesomeness this year? Well, here's a list:

*Continue my yoga practice. I've practiced every day since Sunday, December 26, 2010. My personal practice helps inspire my teaching and I'll continue to teach with the Eating Disorders program. Karma is a good thing.

*Study with more teachers. I'm taking classes on Fridays with Judy and Saturdays with Caroline. I'm going to attend workshops with Patrick Creelman, Noah Maze and Desiree Rumbaugh. I'm attending a retreat in March with Judy and Nora. Sonya and I will have yoga play dates. My kula rocks!!

*Run! I'm registered for Around the Bay in March and I'm aiming for a fall marathon. Location TBA.

*Nurture my spirituality. I love my Course in Miracles group that I've found on Tuesday nights! I'm also attending a seminar in Vancouver that features Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson and Geneen Roth. I'm also enrolled in the Chopra Centre's Winter Mediation Challenge.

*Gain financial freedom. I'm changing my work schedule to work more evenings and weekends. The additional shift differential adds up to 2 extra shifts...without actually working 2 extra days! I'll pay off my debts and save for awesomeness celebrations (and a new house for me and Nerm!).

*Celebrate nature. Skiing, hiking, and just drinking in the beauty that Mother Nature surrounds me with daily. I live in an amazing part of this country and I will enjoy it as much as I can.

*Celebrate with my friends! To start, Michelle is graduating from Medical school in May and I get to go with her to the big par-tay. It's formal attire and I forsee a new party dress in my future!

This year is off to an amazing start already! I can't wait to see what else unfolds in the next 358 days!

Shanti om.

2 comments:

Kinder said...

I love that you call it the year of awesomeness! Woot!

It is so true that sometimes resolutions just focus on the negative about ourselves, but I prefer to see it as a personal revolution of change!

I am in awe of your yoga-ness and hope for enough healin in my shoulder injury to get back to a gentle yoga practice soon!

Amber said...

LOVE IT!!